Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week in review!

This week has been a pretty off-week as far as cooking. We haven't cooked much. Friday night we had friends over and had sauteed spinach, BBQ chicken (no chicken for me since it was Friday during Lent), baked beans, corn on the cobb that we froze last summer from our garden, and potatoes that were diced with the Lipton onion soup and baked.
We had a LOT of leftovers. So I decided to dice the chicken up, cut the corn off the cobb, add the potatoes and make a Chicken, Corn, Potato chowder! I combined the corn and potatoes first and added a cup of chicken broth. Then I took 1 cup of that out and put it in my food processor. I added a tablespoon of flour to a cup of cold milk and added that to the food processor and processed that until it was a thick paste. Then I added chicken, salt and pepper to the corn and potatoes that were still in the pot. Once that began simmering, I added the paste mixture, stirred frequently and viola. It's soup. LOL

One night this week we also had Chicken Helper, the whole grain, lemon chicken kind. I got the box for 50 cent while couponing last time. It was pretty good. George really liked it, John and I didn't LOVE it. But for that price, we'll probably have it again. I used one large chicken breast, the box of helper and we had a can of green beans with it. In total the meal cost around $3 for the whole family, maybe even less. And it was easy enough that George made it all!

Other than that we really haven't cooked this week. Hopefully I'll have more to post next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment