I think buy now, most people know I'm cheap, no scratch that, I'm THRIFTY. LOL So I rarely make any recipe the same every time, there's usually something added or missing. And I'm ALWAYS on a hunt to find a way to add veggies to food, mostly to reduce calories but add volume.
Rotini Turkey Pasta
16 ounces whole wheat rotini
1 lb lean ground turkey
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp italian herbs (I use a blend shaker)
salt/pepper to taste
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 onion diced
4 minced garlic cloves
1 package frozen spinach
2 cups sliced mushrooms
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. Stir in garlic, and saute until garlic is soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground turkey and cook through until browned. Add italian herbs. Stir in tomato sauce and paste. Add tomatoes. Add spinach and mushrooms. Let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment