I always hated break time at the pool. All the kids get out and let the adults swim alone. LAME.
For the first time since I got pregnant with my sweet John, I actually feel like I need a break. I adore my children. I would move heaven and earth for them, they are everything to me. But I'm exhausted. Saying that makes me feel like a bad mom. I'm one of those people who talks crap about part time parents. I'm not, nor will I ever be a "part time parent". I have had one child-free night in two years, and that was for a work training, with a work partner, I was in bed by 8, and I was pregnant with Maggie. LOL Other than that, John has spent about 5 nights at his Aunt Sarah's with his Lala, and then the two nights I was gone giving birth. I haven't been home alone longer than 30 minutes in 2.5 years (since John was born). And for the most part, this is EXACTLY how I want it. I feel like when they are not with me, I am not me. Because my identity has become "Mom". I LIKE that. I don't want to miss anything with my kids. I get jealous if anyone else is with them, and I miss them so much it hurts. I don't work full time, because mentally and emotionally, I wouldn't be healthy away from my kids. It would make me a sad, resentful person. I don't care about money. I like nice things, of course. But I can do with out them. I don't care what other people think, as long as me and my family are happy.
It's always been a pet peeve of mine to hear about people who drop their kids off with their parents all the time, of any other person. I mean, if you have children, it is YOUR responsibility to take care of them, physically, emotionally, etc. Not anyone else's, just your's.
I think what I'm getting at is that I'm ready for a day for me. I want to sleep in, and lay around in the bed, and relax and THINK. Maybe even read. I don't even need 24 hours, just 12 hours of guilt-free, child-free, quiet time. Maybe I'll book a room at a B&B for my hubby and I........or maybe I'll keep thinking about it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment