I think that things occur in our lives so that we don't forget to focus on things that really matter. Not to focus on things that we can't change, things that are out of our control, things that are in the past, etc. We need to focus on what we DO have, not what we don't have or what we want to have. Every little thing, every little minute is a blessing. That makes things difficult too. We live in a society where "things" matter. I haven't done the first bit of Christmas shopping, and I seriously doubt that I will have the time or money to do it anyway. Everyone keeps asking for the kids Christmas lists. I told one person that the kids didn't need anything. I mean, can't we just have cookies and pretend like it's just another day? They'll never know the difference! He laughed at me. He told me that kids have to have Christmas. I just have such a hard time accepting the fact that it's going to be really difficult for George and I to pull everything together the way we had planned. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a control freak. I like to be in control. I have a lot of pride. I have worked my butt off in school so that I could go to work and we would be able to provide. I'm in a state of thinking "things like this happen to other people". After my father-in-law's accident in June, I just never thought something like that could happen again. I never thought I would have to depend on other people so much again, especially not 5 months later. I can't even begin to express my gratitude. I try not to get emotional much. Most of the time if i even start to get that way, I can't stop. HAHA I don't know what I'll be ever be able to do to make everyone understand how much we love you all and need you all and appreciate you all. Everyone has touched our lives in some special way that will never be forgotten.
Our journey is just beginning. George's injuries are pretty bad. He will have a lot of therapy and follow up appointments and probably some more surgeries. I have a lot of hope that he will regain most function of his arm. He is very determined. If it comes down to him, and him doing the work to regain the strength, then I KNOW he will do it. He has never let me down as a best friend, a husband, a provider and a father to our children. Whatever happens will happen and we will deal with it, together.
We will need the support and help from our friends and family the most over the next 4-6 weeks. As we get home and adjust to the new life at home. We will have many modifications to make at home. There will be 3 people who need round the clock care, and there is only one of me. And George will have appointments to attend. I'm so scared. But I know that with God, I will be fine.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he with never leave you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
No comments:
Post a Comment