Thursday, December 13, 2012
Ramblings while I rest!
Facebook just asked me if I would like to see my "Year in Review" and I, out of curiousity chose yes. One of the statuses it showed me was this one from January 31st, the second time George was in the hospital. During this stay he endured two surgeries for an infection in the hardware of his arm. It read,
"Wow. The gentleman housekeeper who's been quietly cleaning our room every morning for the past 3 days just stopped me in the hall. He said, "Ma'am, I know you're busy, but I have to tell you. I'm a minister of the gospel and I've been watching you and your husband. You are an annointed one. God has something in store for you. Keep your faith. He's going to do great things through you." And he just kept on walking."
It gave me goosebumps to read it again. I remember that when I was there I was always stressed because I was trying to figure out what was the next time. And during this particular event we weren't sure if George was going to keep his job, his arm, his insurance, or anything. I was 2 months out from losing my job and I'd say that it was probably the beginning of the lowest point in the battle for us. I was walking down the hall that day with my lunch in my hands. Tired, scared and overwhelmed. Juggling a very sick husband, 2 kids and a farm.
I don't think I've served my purpose yet. I'm still waiting. But I still have my faith. That has never waivered. Not once. I can't wait to see just what it is God has in store. I have accepted a contract position with ECU College of Health Education as a University Supervisor part time. Very part time. I am very blessed for this opportunity and I can only pray that it opens up more doors for me. I had a training meeting on campus yesterday and I honestly can not even begin to express the joy and passion that filled my body by being in a room with educators, talking about education. I will never have any doubts about what my career passion is in life.
On a health note, I had my epidural injection this morning. It was not pleasant but not as terrible as I expected. I am supposed to rest all day today. And the doctor said I should feel pretty good by Saturday. Unfortunately George is working a 48 hour shift and won't be home until tomorrow morning so rest is limited. Next week he will be off on Sunday and Monday and Thursday night. It's sad when it's easier to count the hours he'll be off rather that the hours he'll be working. Fortunately my WONDERFUL MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers) group gave me a wonderful "get well" gift to hire someone to come clean for me so maybe it will save my back while George is gone.
Well I guess that's our week in review. I want to write about all the craft projects I'm working on, but then I'd be telling everyone about their Christmas gifts, and we can't have that! :) I'm also working on a few charity "love" projects right now too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment